Wednesday, June 23, 2010

My first request to sleep with strangers.


After a nail-biting week of emailing B&Bs to receive message after message of, "I'm sorry but we are fully booked for that period," I bit a bullet instead of a nail and submitted a request to surf a couch.


I think I'm playing it pretty safe at this point. The request went to a couple with a spare bedroom and bed (HA! it's not even a couch), who have been vouched for 10 times, and have a long list of positive references. "Vouching" is like a specialized form of leaving a reference. According to the CS website, a person can only vouch for someone once they have themselves been vouched for 3 times. You only vouch for someone you know very well in real life and believe to be extremely trustworthy. To start, the only people with vouching abilities were the CS administrative team, so it is like a game of 3 degrees of separation back to the people who run the network.


However, the couple had a link posted on their profile as a warning. It has left me a little nervous: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/west_yorkshire/8332140.stm

No comments:

Post a Comment